Courtesy is using polite words such as please, thank you, and excuse me to show consideration for others around us. You can show kindness for other people's feelings by speaking politely to them.
• Always say “thank you” when someone gives you a gift or a compliment.• Say “thank you” when someone does something for you.
• Say “please” when you are asking someone to give you something or to do something for you.
• Do not say “please” over and over again as a way to beg for something you want- that is not a polite thing to do at all.
• Say “excuse me” when your body makes an embarrassing noise such as a burp, hiccup, sneeze, or you pass gas.
• When you must interrupt someone or ask them to move, say “Excuse me, please”.
• When starting a conversation, it is polite to first ask, “How are you?”
• If you see that someone fell or may have hurt himself, you should ask if he is okay.
• Never be afraid to say “I’m sorry”, when you make a mistake or hurt someone.
Point out that having good manners requires thinking about other people, instead of just thinking about yourself. Other people will feel comfortable and happy to be around you when you are polite and treat them with respect.